Monday, January 14, 2013

CP Chicken & Dumplings





The Inspiration:


The Ingredients:
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
  • 1 Can of Mixed Veggies (drained)
  • 1 tsp of Cumin
  • 1/2 tsp of pepper
  • Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper*
  • 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
  • 1 cup of chicken stock
  • pinch of salt
The Directions:

  • Place all ingredients in the crock pot except biscuits
  • Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours
  • About 2 hours before serving tear up the biscuit dough in quarters & place in the crock pot
  • Cook for another 1-2 hours
  • Make sure the “dumplings” are cooked through
  • The chicken should be so tender that it will pull apart when you scoop it out of the crock pot
The Verdict:
*I followed her instructions except I used Cajun seasoning instead of cayenne pepper. 
*My husband said it was even better than Cracker Barrel's :D Win for me!

Here's how mine turned out:


1 comment:

  1. Made it once for myself and my husband, and once for another family. I'm two for two on 'awesome'!

    ReplyDelete