Monday, January 28, 2013

CP Cream Cheese Chicken

The Inspiration:
Cream Cheese Chicken

The Ingredients:

  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • frozen chicken pieces*
  • packet of Italian salad dressing mix
  • 2 cloves minced garlic*
  • block of cream cheese (to add later)
The Directions:
  • Put everything except for the cream cheese into the crock pot. 
  • Cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and begins to shred. 
  • Shred the chicken with two large forks, and mix in the block of cream cheese. 
  • Switch the crock to high and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is fully melted.*

The Verdict:
*I use minced garlic from a bottle. I know its not as healthy but it works best for me- not worrying about if the garlic is good, chopped, etc. Also, being 7 months pregnant has my nose sensitive to my husband and his garlic eating. It just works for us :D
*The best part is that the chicken goes in frozen. So many recipes you have to thaw the meat and sometimes that is half the battle.
*I used chicken thighs
*The cream cheese did not melt when I cooked it for 30 mins. on high. I recommend more like an hour.
*Delicious and adding this to the regular rotation!!!

Here's how mine turned out:



No comments:

Post a Comment