Monday, January 14, 2013

CP Lasagna





The Inspiration:
Crock Pot Lasagna

The Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
29 oz can tomato sauce*
8 oz pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese*



The Directions:
- Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray
- Brown the ground beef
- Stir the tomato sauce in with the ground beef
- Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot
- Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce (I usually break them up so they fit better)
- Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles
- Repeat these layers twice
- Top with remaining sauce
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hrs. 
(I've started the crock-pot on high in the morning before I leave for work and then put it on warm when I leave and it's perfect when I get home)
- Let the lasagna stand in the crock-pot with the lid off for at least 10 minutes



The Verdict:
* This was my first try in the crock pot and it was awesome!!! 
*The only thing I changed was I used 2 cups (16 oz.) of cottage cheese and more like 36 oz. of tomato sauce. 
* The first time I prepared it I cooked on high for 4 hours and it was amazing! If at all possible I would recommend that method. If not this next note is super important. 
* If you are leaving the meal to cook while you are gone (6+ hours) she instructs to cook on high for 30 mins then on warm for the remainder of the day. It is VERY important to put it on WARM and not low. Otherwise your noodles will be soupy and your cheese will burn around the edges. 
*Rave reviews from the Hubs and my toddler!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment